Thursday, April 14, 2011

Actual work conversation April 14, 2011

Engineer: knock knock! Hey! I have a favor to ask. Can I get one of your operators to do an inventory of all the motors out there on the equipment so I can evaluate if we have adequate spares in the storeroom? I did this spreadsheet so they can record all the information to make it easy for them to do. I printed enough sheets so they should have plenty.

Me: I'll tell you what. I think it's great that you took the time to make this nifty spreadsheet with three columns and all these lines, and I'm sure it took a lot of effort to walk over to the printer and get them, so how about this: how about I get one of my highly paid, highly skilled, hard working machinists who are busting their ass to to get product out the door and I have them sit in your office all day and surf the net looking at ESPN.com while YOU go fill out this nice spreadsheet. That way your job is covered and the spreadsheet gets done.

Engineer: I guess I can do it.

Me: Good answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment